Take Time To Enjoy Your Family

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

My sister who came to visit us is leaving soon. Last night we were having a farewell party for her and a family get together at the same time. Subhana Allah the time is going like a flash.

Alhamdulillah my sister and my daughters helped me preparing the foods. It was such a blessed time spending together. We talked while doing the tasks and we laughed a lot. We cooked the traditional Indonesian food called 'Baso' which is Noodles Soup with Meat Balls. We also made Barbequed Chicken served with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. My daughter H, baked Chocolate Cake, Mini Blueberry Muffins and Cup Cakes. My nieces helped decorating the cakes.



After we had our dinner, we played games together. At the same time the men were having their dinner in the dinning room. I tried to avoid win and loss game because it can create stress and competition among the family member. We played pass the parcel using I look, I Look, I See song by Yusuf Islam.


Then we played, "Baby, if you love me won't you smile at me." In this game we must say the phrase without laughing and answer, "Baby, I love you but I can't cracked a smile or laughing. " Insha Allah, I was hoping that this game will encourage us to express our love to each other.



All of them won a book that night because they were playing together nicely. My sister who were not used to read to their children said that I made her to read to their children. Alhamdulillah, my intention was to encourage the love of reading to our children, our future generation.

After laughing a lot, we played Pinata by hitting it with a stick. The children learnt to aim, take turn and work together breaking it. Again the game is not about competition but cooperation. At the end the children were treated with sweets when they broke the pinata. It was fun seeing the children rushing to pick up the sweets.



Finally we played Sparkles. I like sparkles. That remind me of my childhood. Before they leave, we ate the cake.

Alhamdulillah, Allah bless our family by being together. Take time to enjoy your family. Spend quality time with them. Play and pray with them.

Comments