Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu
Article taken from The Qur'an Miracles.
Palmae dactylifere (Dates)
Allah The Almighty said to Maryam (Mary) (Peace be upon her): (And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree:It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.)
Many Hadiths told about the favours and benefits of dates.
The prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) used to break his fast with some fresh dates before praying, and here appears the prophetic guidance: When fasting, a person relies on the sugar stocked in his body and especially that is stocked in the liver. The sugar obtained from the food taken just before starting the fast (i.e. ALSUHUR) lasts for six hours and then the body uses the sugar kept in the liver. When a person breaks his fast with dates, rich in monosaccharides, those arrive quickly to the liver and then to the blood which carries the nutrients to the other organs, whereas the person who fills up his stomach with food and drinks needs 2 to 3 hours to his intestines to absorb the sugar.
Dates and milk are a complemented complete food and numerous Bedouins live on dried dates and goats’ milk but are fit, healthy and less susceptible to chronic and malign illnesses. (1)
Dates also strengthen and increase the contraction rate of the uterus during the delivery and this is why Allah said to the pure lady Maryam: (And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.)
It was reported that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “Feed your women with dates as those who are fed with dates will have forbearing children”
Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: the prophet (PBUH) said: “Indeed in dates?? there is a cure”. Reported by Muslim (14/3) and Ahmad (6/152)
It is a Sunna to break the fast with dates. The Prophet (PBUH) said: “ Whoever finds dates should break his fast with them and the one who does not should break his fast with water because it is pure”
Science has proved the benefits of dates, some of which are:
The active contents:
1) Dates contain a high percentage of carbohydrates which are the main source
of energy, as well as glucose and fructose
2) High content of vitamins that protect from Pellagra
3) Contain calcium, which is essential in bones formation.
4) High content of iron and phosphorus.
In addition to their content of spadix:
2) Proteinic complexes of a high nutritional value
3) Phosphorous, calcium and iron
4) Vitamins B &D
5) Rennin that is important for blood vessels flexibility
6) Estrogens: the hormones that stimulate the ovaries and help in the formation
of the ovule.
Medical and health benefits of Dates:
1) Help in the treatment of Anaemia thanks to their iron content
2) Treat heart diseases as they contain iron
3) Treat constipation as they are rich in Fructose
4) Active against Allergy as they contain Zinc
5) Stop the haemorrhage during pregnancy they contain vitamin K and Tannin
that acts as a contracting agent
6) Can be used in renal failure as they contain vitamins B1, B2& B6 and
7) The basic salts they comprise reduce acidity and heart burns
8) Prevent dizziness and fainting thanks to some elements like: Carotene
9) Help in preventing the growth and spread of cancer cells as they contain
Magnesium and calcium
10) Dates mimic the regenerating system in the body as they contains
phosphorous and other important mineral elements as well as vitamins
11) The flour of dried dates and their kernels help in treating asthma and airways
Dates and the protection from poison and envy:
It was reported by Abu Naaim, Abu Daoud, Al Hakem, Al Imam Al Tarmithi and mentioned in The book of Al Imam Al Thahabi “The Prophetic Medicine” that the Prophet (PBUH) said: “ The one who eats 7 dates in the morning will be protected that day from poison and envy”
Concerning the first part i.e. poisons: Scientific experiments found that when poisoned, there is an increase in an enzyme produced in the liver that acts as an anti poison. If the levels of this enzyme are measured after being poisoned they would be high whereas when taking 7 dates daily for a month, the levels of this enzyme were found to decrease and return to normal, and if this is followed for a year no increase will result from being poisoned and this means that at that point the body is cured and protected against poisons.
For this reason, when the Prophet (PBUH) ate from the poisoned lamb in Khaibar -Allah told him that the shoulder part was poisoned- the prophet had the 7 dates that morning and so the poison did not affect him but was kept underneath the skin in the fat layer and the Prophet did a venesection (Hijama) to remove it.
TELEPATHY, a British scientific organisation researched the Hadith saying that the pressed dates are a cure from poison; research was also done in the King Fahd Ben Abd Alaaziz University and all experiments agreed with the Hadith.
Through some experiments conducted on humans, it was found that people who are exposed to poisons such as those who deal with lead in butteries industry and suffer from the problem of Cadmium, which is a heavy element and causes renal failure which results in various serious problems, can avoid that risk by taking 7 dates in the morning. For those who took the dates no detoxification elements were found in the liver and there is a 120 researches published on that.
In this same field the Jewish researcher Goldman found that 7 dried dates will make the heavy metals when inside the body form complexes some of which are kept beneath the skin and some get solvated and expelled in the excrement and urine. his operation is called detoxication or anti-poison which is done from pvessed date.
The Telepathy group, who publish its findings in a periodic named “Telepathy”, analysed the spectra of the digested pressed dates and found that it gives a blue colour which remains for 12 hours. They said also that the eye is the one which is bewitched, so magic is not a change in the nature of things but is a an imagination and the eye is what being bewitched exactly as Allah said in the Holy Koran: ( Said Moses: throw ye (first). So when they threw, they bewitched the eyes of the people and struck terror into them: for they showed a great (feat of) magic.) SURAH AL AL A`RAF (16).
And said about Moussa (Moses) (PBUH)
At last they found that the eye gets bewitched and that this magic force affects all the colours except blue, and so having 7 dates in the morning protects the person from magic and from envy... (3)
Translated by R.C
(1) Treating with herbs and prophetic medicine by Dr Abd Al Basset Mohammad Assayed the professor in microbiology in the Egyptian University
(2) Kingdom dates website
(3) A program with Dr Abd Al Basset on Aljazeera Channel on 04/12/2003.
© The Quran Miracles www.55a.net - email : firstname.lastname@example.org