Making calendula lotion for psoriasis.


I went to see my doctor yesterday and she noticed marks on my skin. She asked me what that was. I told her that I was itchy so I scratched. That leaves quite a few spotted marks. She suspected that it was bugs bite and not a skin disease, psoriasis, and asked me to show her senior doctor for advised. Alhamdulillah when he looked at them, he said it is psoriasis. My doctor prescribed Cortisone for it.

What make my psoriasis come back? Maybe stress? Lately I have been in a lot of pressure of decision making. That make's me stress a bit I guess. Then I remember maybe by using perfumes and commercial soaps caused it to come back. I also use perfume when I make my own shampoo and conditioner recently, instead of using essential oils. Now I remember. I am sure those chemicals in the perfume irritate and cause allergic reaction to my skin.

Alhamdulillah I take homeopathic Silica 6c. I also take Apis 6c for the skin inflammation and it helped stop me from scratching.

I have psoriasis since I was young. Six years ago my psoriasis was gone after I stopped using commercial body care and made my own body care from natural raw ingredients. It has been awhile since I got psoriasis. You know what I think? I think it is time for me to make a special lotion for psoriasis.

Here I am in my kitchen's lab, finding the ingredients for making calendula lotion especially for my psoriasis. One by one I took the ingredients out of my lab's cupboard, the calendula infused oil (relief irritation, healing wound), rosehip oil (rejuvenate skin), avocado oil (emollient), wheatgerm oil (sooth irritated skin), emulsifying wax, vegetable glycerine, preservative, vitamin E (nourish skin), essential oils and rosemary extract (anti-oxidant).

I measured the ingredients and put the oil mixture in a Pyrex measuring jug, and the water mixture in another jug. I heat the oil and water mixture in the microwave. Then I mixed the oil into the water using a stick blender. I blended it a few times until it got thick. Then I added preservative, vitamin E and essential oils. I used Lavender, Tea Tree, Sandalwood, Roman Chamomile and Geranium essential oils.

So this is the lotion I made in my lab today. It is light yellow or gold because it takes the colour of the infused calendula oil. I wish I could described the smell of the lotion but I don't have a word for it except it smells sweet, woody and yet flowery. Its texture is smooth and it absorbs quickly into my skin. My skin feels smooth, soft and soothing. When it cooled down I poured it into a pump bottle and labelled it with Calendula Lotion.

Comments

Nigeria flights said…
It is seem a good try to combat this serious skin condition, please do more on this
Anonymous said…
hi,
thanks for the post.
I am suffering from this deseas, it effects my every day live. Would you please help me by telling me how you are doing to remove the hair from the skin without making damage to the healthy skin (kobner Phenomenon).