In the name of Allah; the entirely merciful; the especially merciful - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Wednesday, 16 April 2008

How I get ACROD parking permit?

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Almost everyday I receive Muja's appointment letter. Sometime it is for her appointment at Princess Margerate Hospital. If it is not her physio, speech and OT appointments from The Center for Cerebral Palsy then it can be her hearing appointment from the Australia Hearing.

Today, I received one particular envelope which is not familiar. Usually I can tell where the letter come from because the label on the envelope. Anyway I opened it. I found out that it was a letter from ACROD Parking Program. It returned too soon, I thought. I sent the application just few day ago. It said that the process is 2 week time.

A week ago, when Muja was not well, I took her to see our family doctor at Thornlie Medical Center. I brought the printed application form for the ACROD parking permit which I download from here to the doctor to be completed. Few days after that I made a money order at Australian Post for the administration fee of the application, before I sent it by post.

Why I need this permit? Well I need a wide parking bay to transfer Muja in and out of the car because she is, almost 4 years old, unable to walk and requires mobility aid.

We were thinking of buying her a wheelchair but financially we can't afford it at this stage. So Muja is using normal stroller which we bought at TARGET few months ago because her old pram was not moving properly. We can attached Muja custom made inset on that stroller to support her sitting position.

That was a short story how easy I get the ACROD Parking Permit.

No comments: