More visits to the doctor

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Alhamdulillah, I was busy taking my children to the doctors in this couple of weeks and I am loving it.

On Monday I went to PMH with Muja for her respiratory medicine appointment. You can read the post about how frustrated I was with the hospital system here.

The next day I went to the PMH for Muja's Botox injections. A nurse pre-examined her and found out that her temperature was 38.5. It was quite high and she had it suddenly. When I changed her before we got to the hospital she was fine. Anyway the injections for that day was canceled because her temperature was high. The doctor prescribed her with an antibiotic instead.

I took Muja to Naturopathic consultation on Thursday. Her Naturopathic practitioner prescribed her with homeopathic remedies for immune system, pain, bowel movement, tonsils and sleep. She also gave her the Ultra Muscleze - A Nutritious Powder with Magnesium for relaxing her muscles. She was happy that Muja's tonsils were smaller that her last visit and her breathing is less wheezy. Alhamdlillah, I found that she is not snoring as much as before when she's sleeping at night.

On Monday I took Hani, Muja oldest sister, to our Family Doctor because she had a boil near her right eye. She had it since Eid - the celebration for Muslims. She took Apis, a homeopathic remedy for allergic reaction. I thought it will go away pretty soon like usual when she had an allergic reaction. She is allergic to fresh cut grass. She step on it when her father finished cutting the grass. Since that she developed rashes on her skin and a boil near her right eye.

The doctor cut it and squeezed the pus out. Then blood came out. She was so brave and did not even said ouch although it hurt her. The doctor gave her jelly bean for being brave and antibiotic to stop the infection.

The next day Tas, Muja other sister, complaint about her ear. Last time she had a pimple in her ear and it hurt her a lot. She can't move because every move hurt. Her father took her to our family doctor because Muja has her physiotherapy at home. It turn out to be an ear infection. The doctor prescribed her with an antibiotic, ear drops and paracetamol.

Then on Wednesday, Hani had her dentist appointment. I picked her up from school at lunch time. We had a quick lunch and she was just on time for the appointment. Alhamdulillah, her teeth are fine and the dentist told her that her teeth are better than before. All she needs to do is to make sure she doesn't open her mouth too big so the toothbrush can reach the end of her molars.

Alhamdulillah, Muja Botox was rescheduled from last Tuesday to Thursday. So here we were again in the PMH hospital. We arrived at PMH at 12:00 noon. I found it hard to get a parking. I parked on Murry Street road which cost $2.40 per hour compare to the hospital parking which is 60 cents per hour. What a rip off?! Alhamdulillah there were only 2 children, a boy and Muja, for the injections that day. Huraaay ! That means no long wait.

At the hospital the nurse who pre-examined Muja said that she was fine. She put on some cream on Muja inner tight and back tight to stop the pain of the needle. While waiting for her injection I asked Muja using her PODD communication book. I was surprised when she told me that she scared. I can't blame her, maybe she remember what happen to her when she was born. I believe she was traumatized by the incident. I told her not to worry because I will be right here with her. Then she told me to hurry when at 2:00 pm the doctor wasn't there yet. Even Muja doesn't like the waiting.

While waiting Dr Wot, a clown doctor came in. He made funny stuff and I laughed. When Dr Clown left, I asked Muja about him and she said that he was funny. Then she told me that she need a rest, so I picked her up from her stroller to lay her on the hospital bed.

The physiotherapist who worked that day was Nadine. She was Muja first physiotherapy. She was so nice and great. She was the one who referred Muja to orthotic clinic for AFOs before she was transfered to TCCP care. I was so glad to meet her again. She always look happy and willing to help in any way that she could. She will sent a report to Muja physiotherapist at TCCP and organise for her Botox review in the developmental and rehabilitation clinic.

At 2:30 a nurse came with sedation medicine Midazolam. The doctor called Muja in at around 2:45 pm. Remember on my previous post the doctor said that her Botox will be increased so it was increased. The injections took about 15 minutes. Alhamdulillah, she was doing fine and no complaint of any pain. By 3:15 pm Muja was allowed to go home.

On the night after the Botox she was so uncomfortable and her legs and arms were very stiff. Maybe her stomach in pain because she hasn't open her bowel about few days. I gave her Movicol-Half to help her bowel movement. Alhamdulillah, the next day she was happy when she woke up in the morning for Conductive Education School for Parents on Friday.

When I looked back at what happen to me in this couple of weeks, I am so grateful being a mother and be there for my children at the time when they need me especially when they are not well. Alhamdulillah - all praise be to Allah.


Popular Posts