Swine flu at Muja's school

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Yesterday I went to Muja's school to see the school's psychologist. She is suppose to do an IQ test for Muja but her physical disabilities, visual and hearing impairments the task seem impossible. The purpose for the test is for the school to get fund for school resources.

After the appointment I went to Muja's class. They were doing Science concepts of what can roll and what cannot. Masha Allah they were rolling when I came in. Muja didn't joined them because she just had her feeding and her PEG is the one with a long tube that come out from her tummy. Some of the kids enjoyed the rolling.

I stayed there for a while. After the rolling Sarah, the teacher, gave the students a wooden cylinder each and asked if it can roll or nor. The Education Assistants (EA) helped by rollling it all over the students. Masha Allah Muja nodded her head for yes. Then she gave them a book and asked the same question. Guess what Muja said? She turn her head for no. Masha Allah.

I left her class at lunch time and went to Therapy Focus to see Muja's physiotherapist about her standing frame. I told her that I think the width of Muja's standing frame is narrow for her body. She asked me to bring it so she can have a look. Unfortunately she did not have time to look that afternoon. I took it back home from school so Muja can use it during weekend.

When I picked Muja up from school in the afternoon, Natalie, the teacher/conductor, informed me that one of their students in the school has positive swine flu. Masha Allah, in my heart I made du'a to ask Allah to protect us from it, ameen. So today I decided to keep Muja at home.

Comments