To remove or not to remove Muja's tonsils?

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Alhamdulillah, last Tuesday Muja's father and me took her to Natureco to see a Naturopath, Katie. We told her that we are not seeing any progress since she prescribed the herb mix especially her tonsil.

When the tonsils and adenoids is inflame, it is a sign that the body is fighting an infection. The tonsils become inflamed due to exposure to infection-causing bacteria or virus. Many herbs and foods can help fight the infection and soothe the inflammation of tonsillitis.

After listening to what we said, she prescribed her a new herb mix and vitamin C which can help fight the infection and soothe the inflammation of tonsillitis. When I said that I was worried that the herb mix trigger epilepsy to Muja as she make chewing and muscle spasm, she told me that she put echinacea which give a tingle in her mouth. In the new herb she took echinacea out.

She also increases her magnesium and zinc.

Masha Allah, the next morning I lay her little sister on her lap she used her left leg to touch her. At night her sister put a ball near her legs. She kicked the ball with both legs. It is too soon for improvement or it is just a coincidence. I don't believe in a coincidence but I believe it is meant to be a great sign for her improvement.

As for her sleeping alhamdulillah it is getting better. She still needs time to settle before sleep between one to two hours. Occasionally she takes up to three hours until she falls asleep. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, she needs repositioning and will go back to sleep. She is still snoring when sleep. Unlike a few weeks ago she will stay up until morning because she could not get back to sleep. By mid afternoon she will be too tired and become very grumpy and unsettled. When she is unsettled, she cries and has spasm.

Alhamdulillah, she open her bowel almost every day now, compare to three to five days a few months ago. Thanks to the prune juice and her PEG that is big enough for some real foods.

Alhamdulillah, something just happen by the Will of Allah. One day Muja had a big yawn and her father saw her tonsil. Since than he said about removing her tonsil immediately.

Sometime I feel like my husband is still on denial. He thought that there is nothing wrong with her girl and the doctors are making things up. It puts me in a difficult situation. For me any decision must be mutual. So if he says no to anything I have to go with him, so we're both accountable for the decision. I know this is not right. I should be more firm in making decision and be accountable for it. Although I hate to be blame if it is does not turn out to be what I expected.

Wow! It is so hard to be parent sometime. You always want what is best for your children but you can also be wrong. Am I making sense?

I need to make istikharah - ask Allah to guide me in making decision and make me satisfy with whatever He has decided.

Comments