Wheels for Hope: Can never thanks enough.


27th February 2014.

We were at the Wheels for Hope for an interview. They told us that it's likely that the board will accept our application. In a weeks time they will have a meeting and tell us if we get accepted or not. If we get accepted, they will prepare a van that will suit our family and lend it to us. They will pay it's insurance, registration, service and will repair the car if it got broken. The only things we have to do is take care of it and fill in the fuel.

I ask Allah to give what is best for us. If this gift of mobility benefit us, I ask Allah to put His barakah or blessing in it, ameen. I am so grateful for the motor industry foundation of WA. I really appreciate their community work towards the gift of mobility.


27th March, 2014.

Today was the day we have waited for, especially for my husband, F. It was a day a van with a hoist to lift a wheelchair into it will be presented to us from the Wheels for Hope. It is an organization who lent us their van to use for M. The only thing we have to do is to use it and fill in the petrol. They will repair it if it's broken. It will do the car services. It pays for RAC and insurance. We only use it. Allahu Akbar! How great is that?

On the way to the Wheels for Hope, there was a bit of traffic on the Freeway towards Canning Bridge. F was worried if we didn't get there on time. He was so excited and couldn't wait to receive it. I can understand why he was extra excited because he has been waiting for this too long. It was more than three years ago when we heard about Wheels for Hope through our awesome Local Area Coordinator. Two year ago we decided to apply. F continue asking me when we'll get accepted because he become so frustrated pushing M in and out of the van with his back pain. I told him to be patience because we are not the only one who apply. In sha Allah, our time will come.

I told him that I was not worried about the acception because I love doing what I do and I think that our van has a great barakah. You can read how we get help from our community for this van. Lifting M, pushing M in and out of the car is hardwork that effect my back very bad but all the hardship help me to remember Allah and be near to Him. Alhamdulillah, Allah make our life better but I'm afraid if the easiness will make me remember Him less than before. Hardship makes me closer to Him and I don't want to lose it.

On the way there I was calm. In my mind I kept reciting the ayah I learnt last week, about prophet Yunus alaihi salam. Allah says:

فَاصْبِرْ لِحُكْمِ رَبِّكَ وَلَا تَكُن كَصَاحِبِ الْحُوتِ إِذْ نَادَىٰ وَهُوَ مَكْظُومٌ

"So wait with patience for the Decision of your Lord, and be not like the Companion of the Fish - when he cried out (to Us) while he was in deep sorrow".
(See the Qur'an, Verse 21:87).

I didn't understand why the ayah kept coming in my mind. Maybe the van is the decision that Allah gives to us for our long waited patience. Subhana Allah, I think He was trying to tell me directly through this ayah that He heard our cries to Him like He heard the cries of prophet Yunus alaihi salam, so today is the day He decided to fulfilled our dua.

Subhana Allah, today is the day "when my life met revalation", Muhammad Alshareef new catchpharase. We were the one in deep sorrow and we cried out to our Lord. He decided it for us for our wait with patience.

Today I was in a situation that I didn't even know how am I going to say thank you to Allah and all the people of WA through Telethon who change our life and gift of mobility to M. I felt that my gratitude was meaningless to them.

I remember I kept on saying thank you to each one of them who came at the presentation. F even said to them that he didn't know how to say thank you to them because we are so grateful with this blessing.

I didn't do anything to WA people who donate through telethon to deserve this blessing?

Alhamdulillah, Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise as many times as the number of His creation in accordance with His good pleasure equal to the weigh of His throne and equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words for His praise.

How am I going to thank Him enough for all the blessing He bestow upon my family and me?

Alhamdulillah I feel grateful.


p.s: Check the picture inside the van in my previous post, here.

Comments