Cerebral Palsy at SciTech.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Yesterday we went to SciTech. It was one of the programs for families with Cerebral Palsy during The Cerebral Palsy Awareness Week 5 - 11th August, 2007, organised by The Centre for Cerebral Palsy (TCCP).

My children were always asking to take them to SciTech as part of our home education program. For financial reason I usually answered that Insha Allah one day we will go. Alhamdullillah my children have faith and at last we went there for free. So thank you TCCP and SciTech.

On Friday, I was worried that M and I could not go to SciTech because she was still sicked and had vomited twice. However the diarrhoea has stopped. Alhamdulillah, on Saturday morning she looked well and I am so relieved after a long week worried about her health.

M who is just recovered from tummy infection was very happy over there. Remember I said that she loves outing and looking around especially a new places or things. She has her biggest smile ever to show us yesterday.

First, there was an introduction about Cerebral Palsy. Then a boy with cerebral palsy who is wheelchair talked about his life experience as a Basketball Coach. It was a very inspired story. After the talked, one of the physiotherapy sings a song that she wrote about her experienced working with Cerebral Palsy. The lyric of that song made my eyes tears. We also received a show bag with lots of information about Cerebral Palsy. I like the story book about called My Family by Sara Wilson. It is about how everyone is different.

Then my children were running wild exploring the exhibition in the SciTech. We also have the opportunity seeing an exciting science show.



T is trying to lift her body weight.

H and K are testing their knowledge on Science.

We had a break for a healthy and delicious morning tea which was provided by TCCP. We had egg sandwiches, blueberry muffins and fruits salad. The girls were drinking juices and I was having a cup of tea before we continue our exploration.

Comments