Day surgery for Botox injection.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Today was Muja's fourth Botox injection for her inside and back tight muscles. I fed Muja at 7:00 am. She required to fast for the anesthetic. She can only drink water until 11:00 am after the 7:00 am feeding .

Usually it is hard to find parking at PMH. Alhamdulillah, we found a parking at Murry Street, which is close to the hospital. Two days ago her doctor from respiratory department called and informed me that her prescription for Melatonin was ready to be pick up at the pharmacy. I went straight to the pharmacy to get her medicine, Melatonin. I did not have to wait long but was annoyed by queue jumper, who went in front of me like I was not in the queue. Well sometime people can be bad-mannered.

From the pharmacy we went to admission office at around 10 am for admission. Previously the injection was done at Ward 5A, but today I was told to go to Same Day Surgery Ward 6A. Muja was asleep all this time, so the nurse who did the pre examination did not want to wake her up for weighing. Then the anesthetist came with few questions and explained the procedures. It sound scary to me and I felt worried when she told me the I can accompany Muja to the theater and leave her after she put under sleep.

The ward was full, so the nurse suggested me to wait at the Friendship Room. That was fine with me and the room is comfortable then the ward. I sat on the two seated sofa reading a magazine and didn't realised that I fell asleep when Muja's pediatrist came and woke me up. She asked me to sigh a paper before going to the theater.

It was 2:30 pm, when we were in the theater. Alhamdulillah, Muja went straight to sleep after given the gas. The hardest was to leave her in the room where 7 people was in there doing what I have no idea if you know what I mean. Outside a volunteer was waiting to take me to the Friendship Room.

In the Friendship Room I realised, everyone who entered the room was asked by the volunteer for tea or coffee but not me. They were also given biscuit with it. I tried to be positive and thought maybe they forgot to ask me. But I can't denied my feeling like being racist by this volunteers. May be I was wrong!

Alhamdulillah, at 3:00 pm I was taken to Muja in recovery room. She was screaming and I thought what they have done to her in the theater. She kept crying until we got in the ward. Alhamdulillah, she stopped when I picked her up and gave her a cuddle. In the ward I felt again being racist. Every child was asked for some treat but not my Muja. I thought may be she has nasogastric tube so they wont asked her, but a lease they can offer her some juice.

We left the hospital at 4:00 pm. Alhamdulillah my day was over with some disappointment about how some people treat me and Muja. May Allah grant me patience for all the hardships, Ameen.


Popular Posts