Unable to Walk or Talk But Always Laughing (Cerebral Palsy)



A few days ago I came across a youtube channel SBSK Special Books by Special Kids by Chris who used to be a teacher but now travel the world to interview people with a diagnosis with hope to spread kindness and empathy. Masha Allah, he is an amazing person.

This is the first video of SBSK I watched. About 5 years old Lujain who was born with a brain injury. Similar to Mujhee, at birth she went for 7 minutes without oxygen instead of thirteen, causing a brain injury. Masha Allah, Lujain is beautiful. Her laugh is so contagious. It is interesting that according to a study laughter is really contagious because our brain respond to the sound of laughter and activate it. 

Lujain's mum, may Allah bless her. I can so related to her as I also see this as a challenge that Allah gives to His most beloved ibadur Rahman. And as a woman of faith, I completely put my tawwakul or trust in Allah for whatever He wills for us. I ask Allah to make our iman stronger, aameen.

I hope more people are like Chris, aware of people with different ability and engage with them. 

As for my daughter, I don't need your sympathy but empathy. I don't need your sorry but kindness. Please be aware of her when you are around, look into her eyes, gently touch her, be at her level and engage with her.

Until next post, may God bless you.

Love,
Lightnur.

Comments

Jon said…
If you need help with a disability in Australia. Then visit NDIS Registered Provider