Spa treatment at Muja's school.

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I remember three years ago Muja's father attended a massage course because he wanted to learn how to massage the right way for Muja. Masha Allah he likes to give Muja a massage and Muja usually enjoy her father's touch.

Muja has vision and hearing impairment. For that reason she responds well to touching. I know she like soft touches. Every time I touch her she gives me her lovely smile. She stops crying when I hold her hand. She wants patting before she falls asleep. She loves cuddle.

Recently after Muja came back from school, I looked at her communication or diary book to read what she did on that day at school. On one day it wrote "Muja had spa today". Instead of hydro therapy alternately she has spa every Monday and Thursday. She loves being in the water. She finds it relaxing and tries hard to move her legs in the pool. Masha Allah. I have to say that the swimming instructors in her school are number ONE.

This week for the first time I read, "Muja had a massage today" and the next day it says "Muja had a reflexology today". WOW it is great. I always support alternative medicine. I think it is wonderful that her the school now also go towards it. Way to go Carson Street School.

The massage benefit Muja in many ways. It releases her pain and stress. It also reduces her spasm.

Therapeutic massage involves the soft tissue release of the muscles, tendons and ligaments which enables the patient to realize greater flexibility. When passive stretching is included in a session, the receiver will experience a further release and improved range of motion.

An experienced massage therapist employs a variety of strokes and methods of palpation during the session that help to open up the body’s many nerve pathways and muscles that surround the nerve network. Tight muscles lack blood and thus cannot function properly until this condition is reversed. The nerve network, the muscles, and soft tissue are nourished with oxygen during the massage as more blood is entering these areas.

[...]


I am so thankful for Conductive Education Program at Carson Street School. With this excellence program I hope Muja will make more progress. Again I say way to go Carson Street School.

I just wanted to thank you all(The Conductors, Teachers, Education assistence and Nurses) for your patience this year. I know Muja isn't an easy child to manage and I've recognize the time you've spent working with her. It would be easier for you to label her a troublemaker and walk away but instead you deal with issues as they arise directly and fairly, and I appreciate that.

They have no idea that I am so happy that Muja is enjoying pre-school. The activities they plan, the room they decorate, the friendships they help foster, it's all incredible, and it's helping Muja (and us!) believe that school is fun, which is incredibly important.

I am thankful that there are people like you in our system. Muja will thank you one day herself, I am sure of it.

Comments